ReaDI-Watch builds on the years of client experience, platform development and international thought leadership in R&D Management in GB Innovation Ltd., founded by Professor Gerry Byrne in 2014.
Gerry is one of Ireland's most senior international engineers who has been actively involved in international basic, applied and industrial R&D and Innovation for over 35 years. The GB Innovation team, led by Gerry & David Byrne, developed ReaDI-Watch to address its mission: to professionalise the undertaking and management of RD&I in enterprises/organisations.
David founded ReaDI-Watch Ltd. in 2021 as a high-growth start-up to globally deploy the structured & systematic software toolkit, following the ReaDI-Watch Platform’s success in GB Innovation. Driving the development and customer adoption of ReaDI-Watch since 2018, David has now positioned the company to grow internationally.
ReaDI-Watch Ltd. seeks to transform the way companies around the globe manage R&D. By managing R&D in real-time and on the cloud, companies can get the best return on R&D investment and maximise on R&D tax incentives and grants.
David Byrne, Founder & CEO, ReaDI-Watch & Professor Gerry Byrne, Founder & MD, GB Innovation
Founder & CEO
- 6+ years working with Senior Leaders & R&D Teams across various industrial sectors in their R&D Management
- 3+ years conceptualising, designing, developing and go-to market with ReaDI-Watch
- BComm International, MSc. Finance, University College Dublin
- Operational Processes within Research, Development, Innovation
- Benchmarking and Strategic Analysis of Research, Development & Innovation
- R&D Funding Proposals & Reporting (Grants, R&D Tax Incentives)
- Former College Principal for Engineering and Architecture and Dean of Engineering at University College Dublin
- Senior Advisor to the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, the worldwide leading applied research organisation
- Expert on the Irish Revenue Panel for R&D Tax Credits and also on the Research, Development and Innovation Board of Enterprise Ireland (RTI)
- Member of high level commission responsible for overseeing the Excellence University Initiative in Germany which distributed €4.5 billion in research funding for the coming 5 year period
- Awarded the Fraunhofer Taler Medal for his outstanding international contribution to applied R&D and Innovation
- Over 30 years of commercial experience in research and development and innovation primarily in the telecommunications and software industry
- BSc in Applied Mathematics, University of Limerick, 1984, and MSc in Technology Management, UCD, Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School 2000
- Has worked for several leading multinationals as well as start-ups, in roles varying from software and systems engineering to systems and product management
- Senior Member of IEEE
Business Development and R&D Specialist
- Sales professional with 20+ year's experience in FMCG industry
- Held various roles in R&D, Project Management, Procurement, Sales and Account Management
- Skilled in Account and Relationship management and adept and finding new business leads and converting them into clients
- A UCC Food Science graduate, also holds a Diploma in Packaging from the Institute of Packaging in the UK
- Bachelors in Management Studies (Marketing) from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai and Masters in Management Consultancy, UCD Michael Smurfit
- Previous work experience managing research requests for deal sourcing, portfolio monitoring, and due diligence projects to help clients make the right investment decision
- Business process improvement and strategy, client relations and communication
- Software development and testing, digitisation
- Technology innovation and food manufacturing practices and systems
- Change management and project management
- Leading, managing and coaching teams, including high performing team management
- Business commercials and product commercialisation through systematic R&D processes
- Broad experience working with external academic and regulatory bodies and internal cross functional teams to assess, sell into the business, deliver viable NPD and manufacturing processes
- Lean manufacturing and customer manufacturing systems
- Problem solving, risk assessment and root cause analysis techniques
- R&D tax credit landscape and application processes
- Professor of Manufacturing and Technical Fundamentals and University of Applied Sciences Berlin, PhD in manufacturing technology from the Technical University Berlin
- 10 years experience in the German and European RD&I ecosystem, both at universities (fundamental R&D) and the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (applied RD&I)
- Expert in R&D funding on national and international levels
- Experience in leading large project consortia in RD&I projects
Associate Product Developer
- Bsc in Product Design (Marketing & Innovation) at Maynooth University Kildare.
- Post Grad in Human Computer Interaction & UX design at Maynooth University.
- Past experience in postgraduate research with AR/VR technologies, Graphic/Interaction design in international work environments (USA)
- Experienced in Ethnographic Research, UX/UI design in agile environments